Sunday, November 1, 2009

'Eye on The Record' seeks help from ACLU

American Civil Liberties UnionImage via Wikipedia










Eye on The Record has appealed to the American Civil Liberties Union in Newark for help in fighting The Record's attempts to shut down this blog. 

Last week, the newspaper's attorney sent a cease-and-desist letter to my attorney, Joshua L. "Josh" Weiner in Morristown.

I filed a complaint on Saturday, asking the ACLU to represent me or to assist my lawyer in defending my free-speech rights, and to help me publicize the newspaper's threats against me and the blog.

The Borg family, owner of North Jersey Media Group, and editors of The Record jealously guard their rights to publish what they want, but deny those same rights to others.
Enhanced by Zemanta

4 comments:

  1. Hey, I just found your blog and am working my way through the stories. What a great job. What happened with their threats? You're still here, so I assume they backed down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. They backed down. I am now officially despised. Ha ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep up the good work. I grew up reading (and yes delivering) this paper when it came out in the afternoon. So sad to see the decline.

    ReplyDelete

If you want your comment to appear, refrain from personal attacks on the blogger. Anonymous comments are no longer accepted. Keep your racism to yourself.