Saturday, May 1, 2010

More from Jerry DeMarco

Production line of paper (in Italiano)Image via Wikipedia












Here is the second part of comments from former Breaking News Editor Jerry DeMarco on what may be behind The Record's so-called investigations:

Might it be a onetime-ally-turned-foe, one whose rep has never been smudged by the RSR's newsprint? (Oh, wait; they're on Squirrelwood Road now.) Might this person have found the right tool to carry out vendettas vs. these men? (Bonus points if you can figure out the agitator & the editor who got played.)

Yes, Vicster, if you want to lay it, you just might find a pattern -- an agenda, if you will -- the kind of thing that, in other quarters, leads to whispers of conspiracy.

Sure, I could ask: What does it that a single 52yo pro can beat you not only to the biggest story of 2010, if not the past several years?

Ask ANY reporter who ever worked for me -- there were plenty -- and they'll tell you I had a single hard/fast rule: Don't get beat in our backyard....I guess the Woodland Park chief would have to be arrested for that to be considered here.

But there's a much more important distinction, & you've finally begun to expose it, Mr. Sasson: That is, exactly who is serving whom here?

"Friend of the people it serves"? More like "Friend of the a-hole buddy" who, in the end, still got the preferred heads on a platter -- except for Mordaga's -- thanks to honest, hard-working, patient, fair & deliberate law enforcers.

Maybe that's why they changed the slogan.

I say change it again: "If it's news, it's news to us."

I'm goin' away for awhile, my friend. Gonna put some genuine energy into the site. Maybe I'll continue to have weeks like this, & I won't end up with Sunday stories about volcanic ash or other developments my readers consider important.

While I'm gone: Give 'em hell, brother....

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

1 comment:

If you want your comment to appear, refrain from personal attacks on the blogger. Anonymous comments are no longer accepted. Keep your racism to yourself.